Flour Sieving with the Kek Centrifugal Sifter
The Kek Centrifugal Sifter is often used in the baking process of cakes and other fine desserts. They are traditionally fitted in bakeries operations between the flour storage (silos or bags) and the usage point (usually mixers under weigh hoppers). The sifters are required to police the flour before mixing, removing extraneous objects such as paper and string from bag opening operations and deagglomeration of soft lumps. This is usually done with either 840 or 1000 micron screen.
The Kek Centrifugal Sifter is particularly useful in the policing process because of their cantilever design and large inspection door. These doors facilitate the examination of the whole screen area without removing it from the machine. It is possible to rotate the screen 360º through the side body access door for the inspection of the mesh. This allows for easy examination to check for wear or damage ensuring the sifter is working effectively and to comply with quality procedures. This whole process can be done in about a minute, increasing productivity. The check process also becomes a clean operation, leading to a more hygienic process area and less cleaning required by operations.
Additional benefits include:
- Fully rotatable screen in situ
- Hinged oversized end access
- No oversize seal or bearing offering greater hygiene
- Improved product containment with no oversize seal or bearing
- Easily removable paddle and scroll assembly for cleaning
- Easy access to in-feed scroll area for cleaning
- Screen changes possible in less than a minute
About the Kek Centrifugal Sifter
- Available in 7 different sizes
- Rates – From a few pounds to over 200,000 lb/hr
- Available with nylon, stainless steel woven wire or wedge wires screens
- Inline pneumatic conveying models.