Notice: Use of undefined constant simple_breadcrumb - assumed 'simple_breadcrumb' in /home/kemutec/web/kemutecusa.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/Kemutecusa/single.php on line 3
Mucon Iris Diaphragm Valve -Why It Works
Mucon, the inventor of the original Iris Diaphragm Valve, offers a full range of Flow Control Valves for use in controlling the flow of powders and granules in the pharmaceutical, chemical, and food industries. The valves are used worldwide for their superb flow control characteristics and versatility. Available in manual, pneumatic and electric operation the dust tight design allows for infinite flow control from full bore to trickle feed. The Mucon Iris Diaphragm Valve comes in a variety of materials suited to any application and is easily cleaned with tool-free maintenance.
How It Works
A tube of flexible material, the diaphragm, is manufactured with built-in retaining rings at each end. One end is held in position while the other is rotated 180°. The rotation completely closes the orifice providing equivalent load support of up to 100lbs/ft3. The closed diaphragm resembles the iris of a camera, hence the iris in Iris Diaphragm Valve.
For the precise flow control of powders and granules passing through the Iris Diaphragm Valve, add an optional Pulse Counting Trickle Positioning Proximity Sensor in conjunction with a notched ‘pulse’ ring on the output shaft of the gearbox for pneumatic or electric models.
Features and Benefits
• Lightweight, slim design
• Safe, gentle and strong
• No jamming (no mechanical components in contact with the product)
• Full bore opening (no restriction to product flow)
• Partial concentric opening for “trickle feed”
• Hand, pneumatic or electric options
• Suitable for abrasive products
• Easy to operate and maintain
• Circular concentric opening – ideal for flow control
• Sleeves and liners are both easy and inexpensive to replace
• No leakage to atmosphere
• Suitable for explosive materials
• Suitable for delicate products
• Hygienic design and easy strip-down models available
• Ability to seal around irregular objects or larger particles while still preventing the flow of small particles