Mucon Develops a Superior Slide Gate Valve for Handling Frac Sand
When presented with the challenge of designing a Slide Gate Valve for the arduous and demanding duty of handling Frac Sand, Mucon responded by developing a technically superior solution.
To develop a Slide Gate Valve to satisfy the application and the technical requirements for handling Frac Sand or similar:
- To isolate the discharge flow of sand on the outlet of various storage vessels, such as Silos, Hoppers, Rail Cars and Mobile Bins.
- Provide the ability to regulate the discharge rate of sand.
- Provide infinite variable control for the discharge of sand.
- Select construction materials and coatings to provide the best wear and weather resistance.
- Ability to easily replace worn parts.
- Ability to maintain the valve while in position.
Following a period of extensive testing and prototype development with various grades of sand and other materials, the Mucon design team developed the special RGV-DC Roller Gate Valve specifically to meet the demands of handling Frac Sand.
The result is a superior design heavy duty Roller Gate Valve
Features and Benefits:
- A Diamond Notched Slide Blade to provide a regulated flow of sand
- A heavy duty electric actuator to provide infinite variable positioning of the Slide Blade, allowing improved control of the discharge flow of sand.
- Contact parts such as the Slide Blade and Inlet Baffle are constructed in ‘Hardox’ abrasion resistant material to maximize service life.
- The contact parts are designed to be easily replaced.
- Roller Bearings are protected from material flow
- Superior design self-loading seals are built-in to minimize product leakage to the valve body.
- The maintenance and replacement of many internal operating components is achieved without having to take the valve ‘offline’ from its operating position
The Mucon RGV-DC Roller Gate Valve:
Specifically designed to meet the needs and demands of Frac Sand applications, the Mucon RGV-DC Valve is available in an extensive size range and customizable options, including:
- Size Range – 6” (150mm) to 24” (600mm)
- Special custom sizes up to 55”
- Electric, Pneumatic and Hand Wheel actuation
- Variety of materials for valve construction
For additional information contact us at Sales@MuconUSA.com, 215-788-8013.