Case Study – Kek Centrifugal Sifters for Confectionery Manufacturing
The Kek Centrifugal Sifter fitted with a standard Cantilever Shaft, delivers not only the best standards of hygiene and cleanliness but also unsurpassed reliability with minimal maintenance requirements.
Handling/ Material: Granulated sugar, citric acid, starches, and sweeteners.
Location: Central Europe
Application: Fruit flavored sweets (candy)
- Type certified ATEX compliance for Zones 20 Internally & 21 Externally, featuring;
– ATEX compliant locking switches & Motor isolation
– Temperature & vibration monitoring of shaft support bearings
– Custom ATEX compliant terminal box
- Internals surfaces polished to <0.8 microns RA
- Flanges adapted to suit the client’s various requirements (BFM, Tri-Clover & Bolted flanges)
- Height adjustments to accommodate space constraints of manufacturing facilities.
- For improved hygiene and cleanability – the majority of flat surfaces were removed from the internal and external surfaces of sifters.
- High Efficiency 430 stainless steel perforated plate sieve assembly.
Other Features and Benefits:
- Hinged oversized door for easy cleaning and operation
- Quiet vibration free operation
- Fully rotatable screen for inspection and cleaning
- Tool-free removal of sifting screen, screen retainer, and paddle/blade assembly
- Flexible design reduces floor space and meets every processing requirement
- No oversize end bearing or seals for fewer moving parts to wear or replace
- Hygienic design
- Screen changes in less than 30 seconds
For more information about this or other applications for the Kemutec Kek Centrifugal Sifter, or for details about the Kemutec full range of products – Learn more